Pages

McKenzie's First Birthday: Pink, Yellow & Polka Dots

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Our younger daughter turned one a few weeks ago and here are a few photos from her party. A party planner I am not, but I did find a few fun things on Etsy that I would love to share. My husband and I had a few goals: I wanted it to be cute, he wanted it to be within a budget and we both wanted McKenzie to have fun with her friends. So, we chose a tot lot in town where the kids could run free and the parents could relax because of the enclosed play area. The gazebo was the only area to decorate so that made it simple and budget friendly. (Isn't is great to make everyone happy?) Thanks to our niece Melissa for taking all the photos.

Here's a wide shot of the party area. My mom and step dad are the models. :) The first decorating item I purchased was the banner you see hung across the gazebo. It was made by Jessica of Jump Up and Down on Etsy. She carries many vintage linen banners that are so whimsical and fun. This one was custom made for me according to the length required and using fabric in the party colors pink and yellow. I could not have been happier with it! It defined the space and made the party feel a bit more special.


Jessica also made us two custom table runners. Since it was a kids party, I didn't want to use our hemstitched, linen table cloths. However, I hoped to cover up the look of the simple paper table cloths and this was a great way to do it. I will be going back to Jennifer's shop because she carries some fantastic linen totes that I have my eye on as well.

For party favors we passed out pink heart-shaped cookies from Beckers Bakery. I'm not sure that he would want you to know, but my husband calls both of our girls "his little sweethearts," so this seemed perfect. We tied the cookies with pink and white polka dot ribbons to keep with the theme.

Adding a tall vase with gerber daisies dressed up the tables and filled in some of the space. Plus I always love gerber daisies for children's parties.


There are many wonderful bakeries in Manhattan Beach, but Beckers Bakery always tends to be where I go to order our cakes. Everyone there is so friendly, the cakes are absolutely delicious and it is a little family tradition at this point.

Another Etsy purchase is this adorable, handmade bib. Jennifer from Sugar Locks was great to work with and found the perfect coordinating ribbon for the bib. Unfortunately, I don't have a great shot of McKenzie wearing it as she was so excited to eat icing for the first time, I couldn't get her hands away from her face. (We are so related.)

Here I am with the birthday girl. She had so much fun cruising around the party with different toys to keep her up right. I think she liked dressing up too. Her sequined tank top is from my girlfriend Rosie's shop, Bella Beach Kids, in Manhattan Beach. The tutu is by Beary Basics and was handed down to McKenzie from big sister Madison.

Our three-year-old, Madison, is always up for a fun time.

Happy Birthday McKenzie - We love you!

1 comment:

  1. Polka dots in pink that is my kids favorite colors. A family that is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete

- THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -